News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1982 Merdedes For Sale

Previous topic - Next topic

Clink

I found a 1982 380SL across the street from where I was working yesterday.

It was behind a fence and appeared to have been there for some time.

So I see the owner and asked him if it was for sale.  He's an attorney, blab blab blab. He say's how much would offer me , I say how much do you want blab blab blab.

He say's the car restored would be valued at about 14K.  He says everything works but he hasn't driven much since Katrina (2005).  The plate has an 06 date and he said the interior is somewhat worn and the headlight lense is cracked.  So he says the car is worth about 4 to 6K as is.

I would give 2K at the most cause the car is cool.

What ya'll think is it a money maker?  I'll try to get some pictures.

Clink   

guidematic

Tired old Mercedes are money pits. Not money makers.

Mike

Fins

Quote from: guidematic on April 20, 2011, 03:48:30 PM
Tired old Mercedes are money pits. Not money makers.

Mike

Run fast and hard Clink. You thought DaBomb was a nightmare? You ain't seen nuthin yet. Maybe for a $$$$$ collector he might need it for a collection.

Doesn't the name Katrina tell you anything. You could extract Penicillin from the interior I'd bet.  And that's why it still sits where it does.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Clink

Why are the Misfits so skeptical? :SoapBox:

I love cool cars! :rockon:

Clink

Geoff

Listen and listen well, Col. Clink, you have been given very sage advice about that car!
Geoff   :yes:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Keeper

If it were a diesel it could have a lovecraft conversion,otherwise its disposable

EXCRUISERGUY

Clink, make this a rule. Never buy anything that was made in Germany.
It will give you nothing but grief.

GJ

Fins

Not sure what I'm looking at here Mr. Denrep Sir.

Are we looking at the resistor? with the obviously bad, overheated commection, or the thin strip of metel under it?

Not really being into the electronics, I'm at a loss to look like I know what I'm talking about.

Because I don't.   :-[
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

ST Dog

Quote from: Denrep on April 23, 2011, 05:39:18 PM
I think we Misfits discussed it before, because the pic has been in the gallery since last year.

It was mentioned in January.
http://cadillacmisfits.com/index.php?topic=2393.msg50209#msg50209

Not sure why you uploaded it back in September ...

ST Dog

Quote from: Denrep on April 24, 2011, 04:56:41 AM
Probably whatever thread I was going to post to took a turn by the time I had my reply ready.

You did mention German electronic a few days earlier.  :chin:

http://cadillacmisfits.com/index.php?topic=2083.msg41226#msg41226

Clink

Quote from: Denrep on April 24, 2011, 04:56:41 AM
Probably whatever thread I was going to post to took a turn by the time I had my reply ready.

:Muttley:

Ueah things went into the craper fast.  :pty:

Interesting thread on GPF! :pty:

So Germany sucks I knew that since 1944 when I was 2 years old. :censored: :censored:

What was I thinking. :doh:

Clink

Fins

Quote from: Clink on April 24, 2011, 03:40:49 PM

What was I thinking. :doh:

Clink

No worries Clink. It's just age setting in.   :pot: :pot:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

You have us to keep you on the straight and narrow, Clink.

Mike

Carfreak

Quote from: guidematic on April 25, 2011, 12:21:15 PM
You have us to keep you on the straight and narrow, Clink.

Mike

:rotfl:  :ha ha:  :bonk:

Mike, I think that comment belongs in Joke of the Day.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.