News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Any Misfits near Savannah Gorgia with some spare time?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

There's Buick Roady Wagon that I might want to put an offer on but was wondering if anyone was in the vicinity to check it out?

Jon

I got pointed to a Wagon forum called "LongRoof".
A guy there is in Savannah and is going to check out the car tomorrow.  It seems there is also someone else on the forum who wanted him to check out the car so if competition gets steep, I'll walk.

Carfreak

Ahh I see you're already looking on other forums; a suggestion I just posted in another thread.

Good luck.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Ah. I hope you find a good one. These are great cars. My BIL had 2 of them and loved them both. The first he had was a '95 Limited with the trailering package. It was an awesome car. But rust got to it in all the usual places and it had to be scrapped.

But one caution on the trailering package. It comes with the mechanical fan which makes access to the Opti-Spark very difficult.

Mike

Jon

guidematic

It is a PIA. There is a big shroud, The fan itself, extra belt, brackets. Probably about 1/2 to 3/4 hour disassembly to get at the front of the engine. Then it has to go back together.

But that is the main drawback of the package. On the upside you have the capability to pull a really big trailer, a lower axle ratio (3.36 I believe) the wiring harness and some extra HD components.

If you want to pull a smaller trailer, then you won't likely need that package. the Limited comes with ELC, which can compensate for some tongue weight.

But those guys on the forum could elaborate better than I can off the top of my head.

Mike

guidematic

Ueah, rugged and durable. But only the 305 was offered in the Estate for '91-'93. It is a bit underpowered.

Mike

guidematic

Also, the 4L60-E is essentially an electronically controlled 700.

Mike

guidematic

My literature shows the 5.7 being available only and standard in the Sedan. But if in the US the 5.7 was available in the Estate, then that would be the way to go.

Torque for the LO5 is 300 lb/ft, the LT1 330 ft lb. Power is 190 and 260 respectively. The LO3 made 170 HP and I'd have to look up the torque values, but it is significantly less than the LO5.

Mike

Jon

Everything I've read says the Wagons were standard with the 5.0 in 91,  5.7 LO5 in 92/93, and 5.7LT1 in 94/95/96.

EXCRUISERGUY

From 91-93 the L03 was standard in the Caprice. L05 in the buick 92-3.
Whatever you do, don't buy a L03 wagon unless you like cleaning bugs off the back window.
Think your 4100 is slow? You won't after driving an L03.
Don't worry about the LT1. If you need to do an optispark, no sweat. I can do it really quick.
Replacing ignition wires.... now that's a bitch of a job.

GJ

guidematic

I'll have to recheck my stuff. But I never recalled seeing a 91-93 wagon with anything but a 305.

Mike